Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Transportation Operations Manager
Lodi, CA 95242 US
The ideal candidate will have experience leading regional transportation or distribution operations with forecasting, creating organizational development strategies with sub-entities, and proven success with driving a successful and dynamic operations division.
- Direct day-to-day operations for 3 service business lines, acting as trusted advisor to team leadership on all operations.
- Manage group operating protocols, toolsets, and roadmaps, working to develop solutions that radically improve efficiency of existing processes, unlocking new organizational capabilities.
- Identify and lead opportunities to improve the infrastructure, and available tools, including review of current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps - applying clear frameworks and knowledge to continually progress performance.
- Manage and lead operations, resources and assets for efficient and safe utilization.
- Promote optimal levels of customer service throughout the 3 service-lines and sub-entities.
- Address management level customer concerns and escalations.
- Drive and maintain customer margins and metrics in service and profits.
- Assess monthly and annual operations performance.
- Assess service pricing efficacy.
- Maintain effective performance management and develop strategies for organizational leadership.
- Professional, clear and concise communication with all levels of leadership within the organization.
- Present business reports to customers or members of organization.
- Remain current with industry and business knowledge and best practices.
- Provide analytical data to support customer relationship management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in management of complex transportation operations, supply chain management, distribution operations management in a relevant time sensitive field.
- Highly organized, able to function effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Robust communication skills in daily interactions with team members and stakeholders including board members and customer leadership.
- Very customer orientated operations leader understands that taking care of the customer is foremost priority in a time critical environment.
- Self-starter with proven execution skills, with the ability to set and clearly communicate goals and motivate teams to meet deadlines and exceed business goals.
- Flexibility in working in an environment across different teams servicing focused deliveries is key (willingness to travel up to 25% of the time).
- Experience with creation and execution of RFP bidding practices.