Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
3100 Zinfandel Dr Suite Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 United States of America
Pacific Staffing is recruiting a highly motivated and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to contribute to a dynamic financial institution with a proven track record as a top-performing Commercial Bank. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an organization recognized for its commitment to diversity, community impact, and excellence in the financial industry. This is a hybrid position with excellent benefits for individuals and families. Pay: $65k - $75k, DOE.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years’ experience of accounting experience in a public or private company, a commitment to accuracy, and the ability to contribute to a highly collaborative workplace culture.
- Calculate monthly accruals and quarterly disbursements as per plan agreements.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding financial impacts and assist in dispute resolution.
- Prepare detailed quarterly disbursement reports for employees and facilitate payroll processing.
- Review invoices and expense reports to ensure compliance with the expense policy.
- Determine expense categories, post entries to the A/P system, and reconcile accounts.
- Print checks, manage distribution of payments, and handle year-end 1099 reporting.
- Set up vendors, ensuring proper documentation is obtained for new vendors per Bank policy.
- Set up and reconcile prepaid and fixed assets accounts.
- Perform daily maintenance of the ICS and CDARs program, including transaction processing, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations for specified general ledger accounts.
- Provide weekly and quarterly reporting for Local Agency, communicating portfolio status to management.
- Complete weekly regulatory reporting (FR2900 and FR2644) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, contributing to the overall efficiency of the finance team.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience in a public or private company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and reporting software such as Cognos.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Internal and/or external audit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated dependability in meeting deadlines and delivering accurate results.
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer applications as needed.