Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Staff Accountant - Direct Hire
Modesto, CA 95357 US
We are recruiting a Staff Accountant for an established and rapidly growing manufacturing company located in Modesto. Our client offers a family-oriented work environment, ample room for growth, competitive salary and a monthly bonus (in a profit sharing form) to all employees. Pay: $25.Hr-$30.Hr DOE.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting month-end and strong GL reconciliations skills.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock, 916-925-2300 or becca@pacificstaffing.Com
- Performs general accounting functions to support accurate and timely financial reporting
- Maintains financial reports and records to support general ledger accounts
- Reconciles Daily Cash and Bank reports to ensure proper cash reporting
- Reconciles Cash to Bank Statements monthly
- Prepares monthly close journal entries as assigned
- Reconciles company Credit Card transactions and processes related journal entries
- Completes Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensures proper documentation for all account balances
- Analyzes account balances and provides explanations for account variations.
- Processes monthly depreciation journal entry
- Works with external auditors as necessary to maintain proper fixed asset reporting
- Provides ad hoc reporting as required
- Assists accounts receivable in processing daily invoices and billing
- Ensures GAAP compliance
- Ensures period close deadlines are meet
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, or related field Preferred
- 1-3 three years of combined public & manufacturing accounting related experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform accurate work to the highest standards of accountancy
- Able to complete work to deadlines with little direct supervision
- Driven, self-motivated, and goal-oriented
- Strong critical thinking and mathematical reasoning skills