Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Senior Tax Associate - Direct Hire
990 Reserve Dr # 120 Roseville, CA 95678 United States of America
Senior Tax Accountant – Direct Hire
We are recruiting for a Senior Tax Accountant to join a successful local public accounting firm in the Roseville area. Our client is a boutique public accounting firm that offers a collaborative team environment with regular employee events and even during the peak busy season you will not work more than 45 hours a week. The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for complex s-Corp/c-Corp/partnership tax return preparation and tax planning. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. Salary range: $90,000/yr.-$120,000/yr. DOE.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience preparing complex tax returns. A licensed CPA or a CPA candidate is preferred.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock, 916-925-2300 or email@example.com
- Prepare and/or review tax returns for corporate, partnership, or individuals, including federal,
state and local tax return, estimated payments and extensions
- Participate in client engagements by providing corporate, partnership, and individual tax services
- Devise, plan and execute tax strategies and research potential tax issues
- Prepare client’s annual, quarterly or monthly financial statements
- Assist clients with payroll, W-2’s, 1099’s and 571-L, etc.
- Prepare property tax returns and sales tax returns
- Set clients up with bookkeeping skills and software
- Field and answer client questions regarding tax returns, financial statements, etc.
- Seek and provide solutions for client’s problem areas
- Responsible for the preparation of assigned financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, and reports to shareholders.
- Must proactively review assigned client’s cash flow to optimize return on capital, financial reports and financial analysis and provide professional commentary on client’s cash sufficiency and internal controls.
- Over-sees assignments such as, budget preparation, and other cash functions
- Reviews reports to analyze projection of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Analyzes client operations and offers advice to Tax and Accounting Managers
- Reviews/evaluates staff work and offers clear feedback, constructive criticism and encouragement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA license or candidate (preferred)
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate
- financial information
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in respective field
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Motivated to meet client deadlines and provide superior client service
- A team player with high relationship skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills