Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Senior Project Accountant - Direct Hire
5750 ROSEVILLE, CA 95661 United States of America
We are recruiting a Senior Project Accountant to join our client’s corporate office located in the Roseville area. Our client is a long-standing construction company offering a collaborative team and stable leadership. (This position is open due to a promotion). The Senior Project Accountant reports to the Controller and is responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements, job costing, daily cash management including bank reconciliations and deposits. Pay range: $70,000/yr.-$85,0000/yr. DOE.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing the month-end close process of multiple companies/properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform month end close duties including the preparation of recurring and non-recurring adjusting journal entries to ensure conformity with GAAP or Management Accounting. Prepare lead sheets for all balance sheet accounts and generate monthly close binders for review by Assistant Controller and/or Controller.
- Prepare GAAP based financial statements including but not limited to a balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, equity roll forward, and other supplemental statements as requested.
- Prepare consolidating eliminating journal entries.
- Prepare month end reports to management including cash flow by project and 3rd party debt schedules.
- Compares budget to actual financial results and provide details on variances. Research and provide explanations as necessary.
- Daily cash management including deposits, wires to and from title, ACH withdrawals and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare sales journals for closed homes within 48 hours of recordation.
- Tax return review consisting of reconciliation to book results and ticking and tying all numbers to supporting documentation.
- Performs accounts payable function for affiliate billings (reviewing, coding, and posting).
- Other duties that may include fixed asset management, new company set up, new bank account set-up, builder’s exemption filings, property tax assessments, documenting policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in, Accounting/Finance or related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting with preference in construction.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.