Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
Sacramento, CA 95811 US
- Assist dentist during treatment procedures.
- Set up dental instruments and operatory for patient visit.
- Prepare and take patient digital dental radiographs (X-rays) following Clinic Standard Operating Procedure for Radiology and OSHA standardized procedures.
- Prepare the dental X-ray monitor ready for dentist's review.
- Assist the dentist(s) in providing dental services to patients.
- Collect and record patient health histories and takes blood pressure and pulse as required.
- Assist patients with feeling comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.G., tooth brushing and flossing).
- Take impressions of patients' teeth for study cast (models of teeth).
- Prepare dental materials, cements, amalgam, composites, impression materials, etc.
- Pour impressions to make stone and plaster molds, model trimming, fabricating mouth guards, temporary crowns, custom impression trays, and prepares casting molds and dies.
- Perform dental charting both on paper and the electronic dental record.
- Manage the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC, and ADA standards.
- Perform instrument cleaning, sterilization/disinfection, and re-circulation.
- Perform dental treatment room disinfection.
- Prepare patients and operatory for endodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, prosthodontics and restorative procedures.
- Collaborate with Dentists, Hygienists, Sterilization technicians and other team members to perform these and other functions pertaining to dentistry procedures.
- Two to three years' experience is preferred.
- Registered Dental Assistant License
- X-ray certification
- Licenses required for this position must current, valid, and in good standing with the presiding entity.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.