Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Project Accountant - Direct Hire
ROSEVILLE, CA 95661
The ideal candidate will have strong GAAP accounting experience including preparing balance sheets and income statements.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock, 916-925-2300 or Becca@pacificstaffing.Com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform month end close duties including the preparation of recurring and non-recurring adjusting journal entries to ensure conformity with GAAP or Management Accounting. Prepare lead sheets for all balance sheet accounts and generate monthly close binders for review by Assistant Controller and/or Controller.
- Prepare GAAP based financial statements including but not limited to a balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, equity roll forward, and other supplemental statements as requested.
- Prepare consolidating eliminating journal entries.
- Prepare month end reports to management including cash flow by project and 3rd party debt schedules.
- Compares budget to actual financial results and provide details on variances. Research and provide explanations as necessary.
- Daily cash management including deposits, wires to and from title, ACH withdrawals and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare sales journals for closed homes within 48 hours of recordation.
- Tax return review consisting of reconciliation to book results and ticking and tying all numbers to supporting documentation.
- Performs accounts payable function for affiliate billings (reviewing, coding, and posting).
- Other duties that may include fixed asset management, new company set up, new bank account set-up, builder s exemption filings, property tax assessments, documenting policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in, Accounting/Finance or related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in accounting with preference in construction.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.