Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Pacific Staffing http://www.pacificstaffing.com http://www.pacificstaffing.com true
Payroll Specialist/Certified Payroll - Direct Hire
RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 95742 US
Posted: 03/20/2023 2023-03-20 2023-04-24 Employment Type: DirectHire Industry: None Job Number: 1657307
A thriving and multifaceted company in the Sacramento area is need of an experienced Payroll Specialist to join their team. Our client offers a friendly and collaborative work culture. This is a direct hire position requiring onsite attendance. Pay: The ideal candidate must have certified payroll experience, has used ADP and can work onsite. This role also supports some human resources functions including onboarding tasks. This is an in-office direct hire position. Pay range: $28.00/hr.-$32.00/hr.
- Complete timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll processing through check cutting and direct deposit processing.
- Ensure accuracy of wages, deductions, fringes, taxes, and all related job costing.
- General ledger posting, and filing.
- Work with staff to ensure accuracy of timecards and correct for inaccuracies.
- Process all multi-state and other forms in conjunction with prevailing wage jobs and union reporting including weekly certified payroll, etc.
- Deductions processing advances and garnishments; tracking and transmittals.
- Wage rate lookup for prevailing wage or union jobs.
- Maintain confidential data and records.
- Perform human resources related tasks and other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years minimum working experience with responsibilities performing, planning, and organizing certified payroll activities.
- Experience with processing certified payroll and prevailing wage reporting is a plus
- Previous or current construction industry experience is a plus.
- Strong technical skills in MS Office especially in MS Excel and ADP.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment and to analyze and resolve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.