Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Payroll Director - Direct Hire
ROSEVILLE, CA 95678
Our client is an industry leader and they offer a fun and collaborative work culture.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader, has experience a large payroll department and will have strong knowledge of multi-state payroll laws.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock, 916/925-2300 or becca@pacificstaffing.Com - linkedin.Com/in/becca-brock-065361156
- Develop policies, procedures and implement internal controls for complete and accurate payroll processing for internal employees and consultants on assignment.
- Assist accounting team to produce accurate financials and balance accounts
- Monitor the department s performance through KPIs that are reported to upper management monthly
- Managing department budget
- Ensure quarter end and year end deadlines for payroll and tax filing are complete
- Drive compliance with regard to corporate policies and procedures including IRS governance.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Ability to identify and implement process changes to technology tools and internal processes.
- Define mechanisms to achieve accuracy, efficiency and adherence to timelines such as quality standards, ROI metrics and benchmarks.
- Develop the payroll management/supervisory staff.
- Bachelor s Degree
- experience leading a large payroll department within a staffing/consulting industry
- 10+ years of payroll experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is required