Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Part Time - Medical Office Clerk (North Highlands)
Sacramento, CA 95827
- Assist counselors and supervision with clerical tasks such as faxing, making copies, screening calls and correspondence.
- Perform complex and confidential secretarial functions including developing and typing written correspondence including memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents.
- Complete data entry tasks as required by contracts.
- Prepare client billing, including posting and distribution of cash receipts.
- Maintain accurate list of current clients and track number and type of services received.
- Prepare monthly Drug Medi-Cal and AOD billing.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with payers (clients, 3rd party payers), including interpreting billing statements, agency procedures and compliance with outside billing requirements.
- Generate weekly reports for Program Manager regarding status of Medi-Cal client files.
- Input client data into computer daily for record keeping, reporting and billing.
- Assist bookkeeper and fiscal manager with bookkeeping tasks.
- Track referrals to other programs and departments.
- Assist with utilization reviews of file and errands upon requests.
- May act as liaison for contract questions.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma required; Associate degree preferred.
- Experience preparing billing for third party payers for health / mental health services or extensive data entry experience required.
- Knowledge of Medical Billing Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Ability to apply skills under the general direction of a bookkeeper, accountant, or other lead worker in the field.
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail.
Candidates must be available to interview and start immediately!