Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
SACRAMENTO, CA 95825-6505 US
The ideal candidate will have solid paralegal experience, advanced proficiency in computer technology/legal systems, and a strong understanding of family law.
- Assisting with various legal tasks, such as document review and production.
- Word processing and proofreading of legal agreements, documents, and correspondence.
- Compiling basic legal correspondence, forms, and reports.
- Managing and maintaining the integrity and processing of court documentation.
- Updating and maintaining documents in legal database.
- Manages and screens all forms of legal contracts and correspondence, communication, takes messages, distributes and/or handles mail/email.
- Responding to internal and external customer inquiries in person, by email or phone.
- Assisting the legal team with administrative support tasks on a day-to-day basis.
- Conducting legal research as needed.
- General administrative duties such as answering phones, filing, and copying.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience as a paralegal or legal secretary is required.
- Strong understanding of family law codes is required.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge legal terminology, forms & documents, filing methods & systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to monitor timelines to ensure timely execution of project deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a proactive manner.
- Ability to efficiently analyze, categorize and accurately summarize documents.
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle legal records and documents with confidentiality.