Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Human Resources Assistant - Direct Hire
Sacramento, CA 95826
We are recruiting for a Strong HR Assistant for a reputable and leading organization located in Sacramento. Our client offers a strong leadership team that is passionate about diversity and inclusion initiatives. There is a lot of growth opportunities since they are a large employer with strong training and development programs.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in MS Office Suites and will have strong professional written and verbal communication skills. A successful HR Assistant will be able to pivot and navigate through supporting a busy HR department with a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines.
Recruiter contact: Preet Kuar, 916/925-2300 or preet@pacificstaffing.Com
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources information, files, records, and documentation.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected, filed appropriately and kept up-to-date.
- Manage calendar, scheduling tasks and emails for the VP of HR as requested.
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory of office supplies with attention to budgets.
- Maintain effective control of vendor relationships invoicing, business expenses, and other financial resources.
- Act as a liaison to vendors, building management, and other external parties.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Responsible for creation of new organizational charts, as well as the ongoing maintenance of existing organizational charts.
- Process employee lifecycle HR transactions including new hire, employee changes, payroll, and separations.
- Create, edit, and distribute emails, newsletters, reports, documents, agreements, and other correspondence upon request.
- Answer frequently asked questions from employees regarding policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Assist with new hire orientation and employee separation procedures.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- May assist with benefits functions including coordinating with health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail within the HR team.
- Prepare outgoing mail for processing.
- Order and picks up lunch for various meetings as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of an AA degree, Bachelor s degree is preferred.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Strong command of written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of the organization's overall business and its objectives.
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Strong detail orientation.
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure.