Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Grant Accountant - Direct Hire
3333 Third Ave Sacramento, CA 95817 United States of America
Grant Accountant – Direct Hire
We are recruiting for a Grant Accountant to join a long-standing and reputable non-profit organization based in Sacramento. Our client offers a generous benefits package, work-life-balance, and a leadership team that is committed to their company culture. The Grant Accountant will perform day-to-day accounting activities working in partnership with the Controller and accounting team. Pay range: $37.00/hr.-$42.00/hr. DOE. Candidate must be able to work full time onsite.
The ideal candidate will have grant accounting experience and strong technical skills with MS Excel. (At a minimum the qualified candidate must be able to create pivot tables, v-lookups, and other intermediate formulas).
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock | 916-925-2300 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with various tax and business license filings.
- Prepare monthly and weekly journal entries.
- Prepare financial portion of grant applications.
- Prepare budgets and financial statements.
- Review financial data to check for posting and reporting errors.
- Investigate discrepancies in journal entries and correct as needed.
- Assist with compilation of organization's budget.
- Gather data to help project current revenue, expenses and year-end fund balances.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-year degree required in Accounting, Finance or Business concentration.
- 5 years’ experience in grant accounting
- Strong QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- Intermediate skills and experience in Excel are required and candidates will be tested.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).