Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
9355 E STOCKTON BLVD STE 225 ELK GROVE, CA 95624 United States of America
We are recruiting for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager for a dynamic organization with excellent employer branding. This newly created hands-on role will report to the CFO and will be responsible for building a highly functioning finance department. The FP&A Manager will play an integral part in building out the Finance department, developing financial models and metrics, and building KPI’s to support a rapidly growing business. This is a hybrid position with 3 days onsite in the Sacramento office. Salary: $150k-$170k, DOE.
The ideal candidate will have experience building complex budgeting, forecasting and data modeling. In addition, the FP&A Manager will have strong knowledge of GAAP and forecasting experience.
- Partner with the CFO & COO on the preparation and distribution of financial budgets and forecasts and financial reports including relevant KPIs.
- Coordinate and establish key areas of the budget and financial reporting process; use analytics and system knowledge to develop unique ways of developing and analyzing financial projections and results; reconcile report variances and highlight key insights.
- Implement and/or recommend new approaches to looking at the business and translating insights into operational initiatives.
- Interface with and support Executives/Senior Management in reporting and analysis efforts as directed to inform strategic operational decisions and ongoing management of individual business units.
- Support the integration of acquired entities into the financial reporting and budgeting process and build systems to help manage the complexity of operating across multiple states and business units.
- Provide direction and mentorship to a more junior financial analyst and collaborate with the Finance & Accounting team on accounting, compliance, and systems-related issues.
- Manage and prepare financial materials and analysis for the Board of Directors, investors, and lenders.
- Analyze and provide insights as requested on the Company’s cash management, expense management, and tax policies.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s audit, financial reporting, tax, and other regulatory requirements.
- Proactively surface opportunities to improve the Company’s budgeting and financial reporting process and implement best practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- MBA, CFA, or other advanced degree/credential preferred.
- Relevant experience driving financial insights in dynamic organizations with complex operations; experience with private equity investors and/or lenders a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team and provide direction and mentorship to other members of the Finance & Accounting team.
- Advanced Excel required; familiarity with PowerBI, Power Query, and/or SQL preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting systems and software (e.g., NetSuite).
- Strong financial modeling and forecasting skills.
- Strong business acumen, knowledge and command of financial reporting and planning systems and processes, and ability to translate insights into operational action.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment across multiple functions.
- Strong execution skills complemented by analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills and good judgment.