Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Financial Analyst - Direct Hire
Woodland Woodland, CA 95695 United States of America
We are recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join a financially stable agricultural company in the Woodland area. Our client offers a ton of advancement opportunities, an entrepreneurial work culture with a very flexible work schedule and occasional work from home days. They have a flat work environment with a strong leadership team that is committed to promoting from within. This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to be a key player in building out financial processes and advising leadership in making strategic business decisions. Salary: $95,000/yr.-$115,000/yr. DOE.
The ideal candidate will understand GAAP accounting (must know debits and credits) and is experienced with preparing and analyzing standard financial statements as well as a variety of ad-hoc financial management reports.
- Support transactional processes that support the financial statements including A/P approvals and process exceptions and provide improvement recommendations.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly, performing analysis and providing recommendations on key areas such as A/R, A/P, Short-term debt, and capital expenditures.
- Refine financial and operational reports to provide insight to the business through variance, trend, and other analysis techniques to help guide decisions.
- Perform additional ad-hoc financial analysis to recommend actions, including dashboard metrics and KPIs.
- Coordinate creation and reporting of budgets for both internal and external use.
- Manage month-end close of financial statements, including expense accruals, journal entries and the posting and reporting of intercompany transactions.
- Support and facilitate the transition between accounting systems and processes that support financial and operational reporting.
- Assist in preparation of financial information for annual CPA reviewed financial statements.
- Provide current, comprehensive, accurate, and consistently reliable financial updates, analysis and reporting to executive management.
- Help guide financial decisions by conducting research relative to current economic trends to make recommendations.
- Maintain, analyze, and improve financial processes and controls.
- Help execute the financial and technology strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance related field required
- 5+ years of direct experience in finance and accounting
- Demonstrated experience with Excel and other financial analysis software
- Experience with ERP systems and business intelligence platforms preferred
- Strong business acumen and planning/organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinker regarding competitive strategy, business models, and financial management
- Solid technical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills