Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Director of Payroll
Sacramento Sacramento, CA 95826 United States of America
We are recruiting a Director of Payroll for a growing healthcare company with a multi-state presence. The Director will be responsible for managing a team of employees who process complex, full cycle payroll. This is a 100% onsite role for our client in the Sacramento area who was voted one of the best places to work! Our client offers a fun, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment. Salary: $150k-$205 DOE.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader and have experience managing a team of 20-40 employees.
- Lead activities for large, high complexity projects, providing project management, change management, and best practice expertise.
- Act as main point of contact for escalated payroll operational issues.
- Make data driven decision utilizing reporting tools, having the ability to analyze, interpret, and react to the payroll data.
- Measure daily output against weekly, monthly, and quarterly department goals.
- Coordinate efforts between Payroll and Human Resources to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Maintain business relationships and effective communication between all facets of Financial Operations, Human Resources, Recruitment, and Sales teams.
- Establish processes and policies that are in line with organizational and operational goals to maximize efficiency.
- Identify opportunities to create increased efficiencies that reduce risks and enhance operations.
- Perform training, education, and mentorship of staff.
- Delegate workloads and various projects amongst the payroll department.
- Maintain knowledge of current payroll trends and revise operating procedures to reflect best practices.
- Coach and mentor junior staff and provide development support in enabling junior staff to grow professionally and develop new skills sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required.
- Experience serving in a leadership role or as a subject matter expert (SME) in a payroll transition.
- Progressive experience of ten (10+) years or more in payroll processing.
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience.
- Experience with California and multi-state payroll.
- Experience making data driven decisions utilizing given reporting tools.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to listen, identify, and resolve issues.
- Excellent time-management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems including system implementation and design.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and approachable.
- Take initiative when necessary and possess excellent business judgement.