Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Director of Payroll
SACRAMENTO, CA 95605 US
We are recruiting a strategic Director of Payroll to oversee the payroll department for our client in Sacramento with excellent employer branding. This is an onsite role where you will ensure processes and procedures are aligned with all state, federal and legal requirements. The ideal candidate will be seasoned leader with ten-years experience in payroll processing.
- Create and execute a strategic plan for the department and payroll team.
- Mentor and build a highly effective team.
- Identify opportunities to create efficiency, reduce risks, and enhance operations.
- Create concise processes and documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of current payroll trends and revise operating procedures to reflect best practices.
- Subject Matter Expert for projects that impact payroll processes.
- Ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements, federal and local payroll regulations, auditing, and nondiscrimination laws.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Progressive experience of ten (10+) years or more in payroll processing.
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience.
- Experience with California payroll, and multi-state.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems including system implementation and design.
- Experience with end-to-end automation and evolving processes for scale and efficiency.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through change.