Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Director of Clinical Operations
Sacramento, CA 95834
- Oversee day to day operations for the clinic sites; evaluate operations qualitative and quantitative performance against predefined and/or evolving goals; strategize with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Provide clinic leadership for assigned services based on the organization s standards of care, including integration of the multidisciplinary team, individual and group clinical supervision, monitoring of quality trends and implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in strategic planning processes for designated clinical services.
- Maintain a qualified and competent staff to provide the clinic services and programs identified for professional services.
- Ensure all programs and services are delivered meeting agreed objectives within a strategic and operational framework.
- Ensure full compliance with all federal, state, and local administrative and legal requirements.
- Develop and implement annual work plan for the operations division.
- Collaborate with clinical leadership to ensure clinicians voices are incorporated into clinical operations
- Collaborate with the clinic managers and clinical leadership to develop and standardize administrative systems and practices across the organization and build cross-Clinic teams to determine and share best practices.
- Monitor adherence to insurance contracts, P&Ps, rules, and regulations for assigned counties.
- Work with other divisions and teams to ensure the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of leadership experience in a health care environment, preferably in an ambulatory or clinic setting. Multi-site healthcare management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Health Administration or Health related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Director-level interpersonal, management, communication, and group motivational skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills with experience in formal presentations.
- Ability to address diverse audiences appropriately, and effectively and effectively facilitate group interactions.
- Proven command of clinic operations standards, including a clear understanding of practice management, patient flow and systems for effective operations of a community health center.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion.
- Strong skills in problem-solving, analysis and the application of critical thinking to complex business/clinical scenarios.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently adapt to changing priorities and assignments
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, policies, procedures, etc.
- Must travel to other sites to observe and supervise direct reports and clinical support staff and attend meetings or trainings, occasionally overnight for training.