Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Corporate Controller Direct Hire Hybrid Remote
Sacramento, CA 95814
We are recruiting a strong Corporate Controller for a highly successful healthcare organization in Sacramento. The Corporate Controller will be developed as a successor to CFO. Our client offers a flexible hybrid schedule and a rich benefits package including 100% medical cost coverage for employee and family. Salary range: $140-$160K DOE.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and GAAP knowledge with multiple entities.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock and Preet Kuar 916-925-2300 or becca@pacificstaffing.Com / Preet@pacificstaffing.Com
- Lead the daily activities of the accounting team.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls.
- Review accounts receivable reconciliations for all entities on a regular basis
- Determine best practices for internal accounting procedures and controls.
- Review monthly financial statements before distribution.
- Prepare, analyze, and review entries into the general ledger as required.
- Monitor bank balances and ensure that sufficient funds are available for A/P and payroll disbursements.
- Review property tax reports, sales tax reports, quarterly tax filings, and other reports or forms as necessary.
- Work directly with outside auditors to coordinate and schedule all annual audits, including preparing all required informational schedules and assisting auditors as needed.
- Work with outside tax preparers and ensure timely completion of tax returns.
- Coordinate other outside audits (e.G., insurance, property tax) as required.
- Review and sign off on balance sheet reconciliations regularly, ensuring reconciliations are timely, accurate, and easy to understand.
- Monitor the monthly close for all entities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree (or equivalent) in accounting or related field.
- Minimum of six years prior accounting experience preferably in a multiple entity environment.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and of the business of associations and their various entities.
- Prior supervisory experience and team-oriented style, encouraging and supporting all accounting staff to perform their best.
- Prior experience with general ledger work through financial statement preparation required.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, and computerized general ledger systems; Great Plains experience strongly preferred.
- Provide continual, clear, and supportive communication with all members of the accounting team, supervisor, and association staff.