Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Controller - Direct Hire
Sacramento, CA 95811
We are recruiting a Controller for a long-standing marketing company based in Sacramento. Our client covers 100% of the benefits cost for employee and family. They are a flat organization with a strong leadership. This position reports to hardworking and well-respected CEO.
The ideal candidate will have strong GAAP compliance knowledge and is experienced with tax preparation and process improvements.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Lead corporate financing and development.
- Partner closely with business leaders to guide real-time financial decisions.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal control policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the annual combining financial statements.
- Facilitate cost certifications and tax returns.
- Review and prepare for signature and delivery, all annual IRS filings.
- Lead the budget process and work with department heads on completing budgets for their departments.
- Provide regular updates and special reports relating to financial statements.
- Oversee cash management, prepare cash projections and facilitate cash transfers, as needed.
- Work with staff to ensure timely billing and reporting for program activities, invoices and check requests.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations, intercompany transactions and A/P invoices.
- Perform other administrative and accounting functions, in support of the CEO as deemed necessary.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 7-10+ years of accounting experience.
- Enjoys supervising.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and ERP systems.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong capability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.