Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Controller - Hybrid - Direct Hire
1780 Creekside Oaks Dr Sacramento, CA 95833 United States of America
Pacific Staffing is recruiting a Controller for a non-profit organization with a strong mission located in Sacramento. This organization offers a great work life balance and extremely generous employee benefits to include: 100% paid medical and dental for employees and dependents, 401k plan, paid personal leave, up to 10 days per year paid sick leave, 13 paid holidays, employee incentive programs, and additional perks! The Controller will supervise the accounting duties and budgeting efforts for a multi-entity organization. Salary: $125k-$145k DOE.
Generous benefits to include:
- Employer covers 100% of the cost for medical, dental and vision plans for the employee and their family!
- 10% 401K employer contribution. (No employee contribution required)
- 13 days of PTO
- 10 sick days/yr.
- 13 paid holidays
The ideal candidate will have an active CPA license, and a minimum of five years’ experience as a Controller.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock and Preet Kuar | 916-925-2300 | firstname.lastname@example.org - Preet@pacificstaffing.com
- Prepares and reviews financial statements and consolidated financial statements.
- Creates and reviews financial statement supporting schedules.
- Coordinates activities of internal and external auditors.
- Reviews other periodic financial and management reports.
- Plans, oversees, and coordinates accounting functions and programs ensuring accuracy.
- Prepares and reviews annual audit preparation.
- Investigates and resolves audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Reviews annual tax returns.
- Prepares and reviews reports for statutory and compliance filing. Performs and reviews financial and management analyses.
- Participates in the annual budget process recommending budget changes and adjustments.
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Maintains accounting and internal control systems.
- Supervises, trains and mentors Accounting Staff.
- Manages special financial projects.
- Five years of Controller experience leading an accounting team.
- Experience with financial/statutory reporting/filing duties and working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- California Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Not-for-Profit experience and labor organization experience preferred.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint.
- Solid database knowledge and skills (e.g., ERP system).
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize accounting functions and duties and meet deadlines.
- Self-driven, highly organized, detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all financial information.
- Self-starter, proactive, and a critical thinker.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong verbal and written skills.
- A collaborative, hands-on and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Ability to mentor, train and supervise accounting staff.