Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Certified Payroll Specialist - Direct Hire
RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 95742
- Complete timely and accurate weekly payroll processing through check cutting and direct deposit processing; ensuring accuracy of wages, deductions, fringes, taxes and all related job costing, general ledger posting, and filings; working with superintendents to ensure accuracy of timecards and correct for inaccuracies.
- Processing all multi-state and other forms in conjunction with prevailing wage jobs and union reporting including weekly certified payroll, etc.
- Deductions processing advances and garnishments; tracking and transmittals.
- Wage rate lookup for prevailing wage or union jobs.
- Maintain data and records in a way that ensures confidential records are maintained as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years minimum working experience with responsibilities performing, planning and organizing certified payroll activities.
- Experience with processing certified payroll and prevailing wage reporting is required. Previous or current construction industry experience is a plus.
- Strong technical skills in MS Office especially in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment and to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner verbally.