Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Card Investigations Technician
8945 Cal Center Drive Sacramento, CA 95826 United States of America
A reputable financial institution is recruiting for a Card Investigations Technician to join them in their corporate office in Sacramento. Our client offers a lot of opportunities for growth since they are a large employer with strong training and development programs. Pay: $22/hour
The ideal candidate will be experienced in monitoring for fraud on card products, ATMs and online services, and other forms of fraud with decrement and good judgement. Candidates must have previous experience working in a bank or financial institution.
This a temporary position with strong potential to brought on full time with well-known company.
- Responsible for the operation of and processes related to card fraud monitoring products.
- Creating and maintaining a positive and informative member experience when verifying or taking a report of fraud.
- Identify, investigate, and respond to and/or resolve all card fraud or dispute claims and matters. Research/review documents for submission of fraud and dispute claims.
- Resolve member/branch issues and related service concerns and report/escalate any potential issues.
- Provide relevant information from uncovered fraud accounts to other business units and investigating authorities.
- Collects, evaluates, and documents all evidence obtained during an investigation for recovery. Order retrievals and provide documentation required for charge backs as needed ensuring text is precise according to Visa rules.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to position.
- Comply with all established internal audit, security and credit union rules, regulations and departmental procedures. Maintain knowledge by keeping updated with credit card regulations or procedures through emails, publications, online resources, and procedure changes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of High School curriculum.
- One (1) year of financial institution experience and Fraud, AML, or card fraud experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.