Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Assistant Controller - Direct Hire - Hybrid remote
Roseville, CA 95661 US
The Ideal candidate will have public accounting experience with a strong reporting, internal controls and processes background.
Recruiter Contact: Becca Brock, 916-925-2300 or becca@pacificstaffing.Com
- Assist the Controller with maintaining and enforcing a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in overseeing the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Supervise, train, and develop the accounting team members.
- Review supporting schedules for all balance sheet accounts.
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger, including review of accounting entries.
- Ensure period end close processes are completed on time.
- Research and provide timely responses to financial reporting inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve issues and/or concerns as they arise on a proactive basis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate and oversee annual audit performed by external auditors.
- Stay current on changes in regulations.
- Manage outsourced functions, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Five years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required (CPA required).
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in a fast-growth environment and scaling people and processes.
- Experience with ERP systems and financial reporting systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).