Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Posting Sacramento, CA 95825 United States of America
We are recruiting for an Accounting Clerk for one of Sacramento's most stable organizations with a strong leadership team. Our client offers profit-sharing, a competitive benefits package and an inclusive culture. This is a contract to hire opportunity and requires full-time onsite attendance. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for a variety of clerical duties such as printing, scanning invoices, responding to inquiries, price approval and posting invoices. Pay: $20-$24/hr. DOE.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of clerical accounting experience, strong customer service skills, high attention to detail and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Contact vendors to resolve billing problems and requests and research past due invoices.
- Communicates PO variance or payment issues and escalate as needed to meet vendor discount dates.
- Maintain professional communication with customers, vendors, and field personnel.
- Open, sort and prepare invoices from vendors to be scanned.
- Responsible for review and submission of business license and other registration licensing as assigned.
- Understand invoice payment processes including purchase order relationships and authorizations and non-PO coding and approval process, pricing quotes and purchase agreements.
- Inquire and perform data entry to post invoices and validate quantity and pricing accuracy of PO and invoice with plants, vendors, and the Merchandising Department.
- Reconcile vendor statements including credit balances, discount paybacks, vendor deductions, vendor refund and rebate payments and freight claims.
- May process variance and accumulated GL problem invoices daily and communicate recurring problems.
- Process payments received daily and apply funds to invoices as stipulated by customer.
- May assist customers with payment and billing inquiries as needed.
- Perform general AP/AR and Credit clerical functions as needed.
- Enter and update web-based invoicing on customer web page.
- May prepare special reports and analysis as directed.
- Answer phones timely and courteously, direct calls to appropriate personnel, take messages as required.
- Greet visitors professionally and courteously, and direct them as needed.
- Perform clerical duties for personnel including sending and receiving packages, updating monthly reports and communications, ordering office, kitchen, and postage supplies.
- Responsible for keeping front lobby, kitchen, and work area professional and presentable at all times and clean and restock kitchen.
- Oversee the conference room schedule through the Outlook calendar and coordinate conference calls as needed.
- 1-3 years of reception/clerical experience in an accounting department.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Requires good math, reading and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive professional customer service manner in dealing with others.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and be able to work with numbers at a fast pace.
- Ability to use computer, multi-extension telephone, copier, fax, and other standard office equipment needed to perform duties and has knowledge of a variety of software including but not limited to Excel, Word, and SAP.