Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
1720 Prairie City Rd Folsom, CA 95630 United States of America
A business consulting organization has a great opportunity for an Accountant to join a successful and growing firm in their Sacramento location. This is a contract to hire opportunity! Our client is an industry leading consulting firm with excellent leadership, 3 weeks PTO, and a generous benefits package for employees and family. The Accountant will be responsible for general accounting duties and work alongside a dedicated accounting team. 100% onsite. Pay: $25-$35/hour DOE.
The ideal candidate will have intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills, and strong experience reconciling balance sheets and statements.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close.
- G/L account reconciliation and analysis process
- Post journal entries, including prepaid and accruals, cash, depreciation, and amortization transactions
- Process Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Employee expense reports
- Ad-hoc reporting, financial schedules and analysis as required
- Owns entire lifecycle of Accounts Payable transactions
- Timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments
- Manage vendor/customer relations, timely response to inquiries
- Resolve payment discrepancies with vendors
- Responsible for proper general ledger coding
- Perform month-end close processes, including preparation of AP related accruals
- Process and monitor incoming payments
- Prepare bills, invoices, and bank deposits
- Reconciliation of ledger to ensure all payments accounted for and posted
- Various daily, weekly, monthly reporting
- Participation with 1099 and audit preparation quarterly and at year end
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 4 years of accounting experience in general accounting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software required.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills with MS Excel including V-look up and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities.