Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Staff Accountant - Direct Hire
Sacramento, CA 95825 US
We are recruiting for a Staff Accountant for one of Sacramento's most stable organizations with a strong leadership team. Our client offers profit-sharing bonus, 100% paid medical benefits for employee and family, 401K with employer match, growth opportunities, and an inclusive culture. This is a direct hire opportunity that requires full-time onsite attendance. Pay range: $25-$30/hr
The ideal candidate will have assisted with month end close and has strong general ledger reconciliations experience.
Recruiter contact: Becca Brock, 916-925-2300 or becca@pacificstaffing.Com
- Full responsibility for preparation of financials, to include G&A, balance sheet items and annual budgeting.
- Loss prevention duties include periodic reviews and audits of financial results.
- Working knowledge of financial statement specifications, GL structures and summary accounts.
- Reviews month cost of sales reports, accruals, inventory adjustments and other audit reports as necessary to ensure the accuracy of information reported in the financial statement.
- Performs duties such as verifying all invoices for payment and ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- May correct costing errors and receiving errors.
- Reconciles payroll for proper accruals and verifying GL account balances match to Field Reporting.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly.
- Works with accounts payable in reconciling any problems that remain unsolved in regard to branch purchasing/receiving/invoicing issues.
- Extracts data from mainframe and develops and maintains various spreadsheets for monthly analysis.
- Reviews and may debug reports within the operating system and makes suggestions for enhancements.
- May prepare special reports and analysis as requested by management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Four year college degree in accounting, finance or other related field or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and under pressure, handling multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory and general ledger system.
- Detailed understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts.
- Must have the ability to work with detail, and good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of software including but not limited to Excel, Word, and SAP.
- Onsite attendance is required.