Job Openings in Sacramento County and Beyond
Accountant - Direct Hire
Folsom, CA 95630
An essential and rapidly growing business with a location in Gold River is in need of a Staff Accountant to join their team. Our client offers ample room for growth and a competitive salary. The Accountant will report directly to a dynamic Controller. This position is full time on-site and a great opportunity with an organization that cares for employees and the community.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of GAAP accounting, advanced MS Excel skills and be highly self-motived.
- Full responsibility for preparation of financials.
- Audits of financial results.
- Performs duties such as verifying all invoices for payment and ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly.
- Works with accounts payable in reconciling any problems that remain unsolved in regard to branch purchasing/receiving/invoicing issues.
- Extracts data from mainframe and develops and maintains various spreadsheets for monthly analysis.
- Reviews and may debug reports within the operating system and makes suggestions for enhancements.
- May prepare special reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA or CPA candidates are preferred.
- Strong GAAP and Internal Control knowledge.
- Full-cycle accounting experience is a plus.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.